Reefbrite dangers?

Still_human

Has anyone heard about reefbrites having a danger of something in the power source burning? I’ve been trying to get a reefbrite, but I just heard about that being a reoccurring problem with them, and it it really worried me! Does anyone know if there are any comparable strips that are as good as reefbrite?

IMO all those chinese DC power supplies are about the same. I wouldn't worry about the reefbrite ones having any more of an issue than any of the others.

If you wanted a better quality one grab a meanwell.

1 hour ago, gws3 said:

IMO all those chinese DC power supplies are about the same. I wouldn't worry about the reefbrite ones having any more of an issue than any of the others.

I can’t find meanwell LEDs anywhere

Oh, so I would still get the reefbrite LED strip or whatever, but then replace the power supply with a non-Chinese one?

Yeah if you were really worried. In the strip itself there's barely anything that's flammable. Mostly metal. FWIW I have about a dozen reefbrites and no issues with the power supplies.

4 hours ago, gws3 said:

Yeah if you were really worried. In the strip itself there's barely anything that's flammable. Mostly metal. FWIW I have about a dozen reefbrites and no issues with the power supplies.

Thanks very much for your help! 

22 hours ago, gws3 said:

Are they just plug into the wall and plug the strip into it on the other end, instead of the other supply, or the kind of thing you need to actually splice the wires together, yourself?

18 hours ago, gws3 said:

They make both types, but I believe you'd want the type with the 5.5mm dc plug.

Yeah, if that’s the one that comes with a plug already attached, and can have the strip plugged right in, that’s the one for me, alright!