how to glue acrylic

dgasmd

I bought a used Ca reactor from someone in RC and the second chamber leaks at the bottom where it meets the place they sit on. After seing the size of this thing, it is pretty reasonable that it has a small leak.  How can I glue this? Wat kind of special acrylic glue is needed? What is it called? Where can one get some of this glue?

Thank,

Alberto

Great!. I'll give you a call today and maybe I can swing by tonite to get some of it. I want to set up this thing ASAP. The Ca in my tanks is staying at 350-360 and the kalk is definately not doing it by itself.

dgasmd,

you have a large tank, right?  over 300 g if I remember correctly.  I have a 360 anf my CA had hovered in 350 range for a while so I have started dosing kalkwasser 24/7 a couple of days ago to see if I could bring it up.

If you don't mind, I have a couple of questions.  Were you able to raise your CA at all with kalk?  How long did you try and what was your dosage?

Thanks,

Eddi

I have a kalk reactor from MYREEFCREATIONS.COM It puts in about 7-8 gal of kalk per day, ehich is my evaporation rate. Even with that the Ca is what it is today. I am adding the Ca reactor to make up for the difference. I think if you are going to use kalk for the long haul with an SPS dominated tank. you need to maximize the amount of kalk per day since that is going to be a constant before you start a Ca reactor.

Unfortuantely, you too are going to need a Ca reactor. Beware that for a system as big  as yours or mine, you can't just use the "little" units most people get for their tanks. Large chamber and large second chamber is in order here because once that tank is jam packed with growing SPS and clams, those reactor working overtime won't be able to keep up.

Alberto

You will not be able to raise your alk or Ca using kalkwasser.  It is a balanced supplement.  You need to spike the tank with CaCl2 to raise your Ca levels, or a buffer to raise the alkalinity level.

-Tom