LED upgrade for 14 biocube

John-Solo

One of the ballasts went out on the 14gal biocube I have set up at my firehouse. I’d like to do a LED conversion to reduce power and heat but definitely on a budget. Anyone have recommendations or links?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off I’d like to thank people for help and donations getting my fire station tank back up and running. We still have stuff to do but it’s on the right track.

So after many suggestions, debates, an research I decided to go with the Hipargero Aqua Knight A029 off Amazon. It has great reviews and for a budget tank it’s $67!

So far I’m very impressed. It has a sleek look and easy set up. The white/blue lights are adjustable somewhat but the color really pops. The rear clamp for the light arm would not fit over the plastic rim of the Biocude though. I knew I wanted to cut the hood to make it fit so it didn’t matter.

I’ll post more reviews later with the progress of coral/anemone growth. 80ac19577a36c269ed1f61bb73cae737.jpg73c4b4ee597963d149268bff786b5bbc.jpg14a4fd4d1b330edecef501087ba12885.jpg

Gota love that overnight delivery through amazon. Had some downtime this morning so I got it all hooked up.

The tank just had the dule 50/50 white/blue halogen lights in the hood before. But like I said, we had a power surge, out AC went out, the basest burnt out, and the tank crashed. The videos on YouTube about the Hipargero light were very good and the par levels seemed good for a small take like ours.