Aqua Controller3 and Apex progamming language differences?

overklok

Currently I am using an Aqua Controller3 to run my calcium reactor. I control the pH through it. I am going to switch to an Apex unit. Is the programming language the same or is it different? Thanks for the information.

It's very similar, John. There are some additions to the Apex that weren't in the AC III as I recall. Also, the graphical programming interface will take some getting used to. At least, it was for me. Instead  of one program that we edit, the Apex has a web-based interface where each outlet, module, control is separately defined and programmed. Using the "Advanced" option, you're able to program that outlet using the same language that you used in the ACIII. However, there are a lot of things that make it much simpler to set up and operate, as well as features that enable control of far more complex devices than a simple on/off that the ACIII was mostly about. For example, there are now a variety of tasks that are defined in the web interface that you can launch (almost like a macro). One such task speeds you through adding a heater controlled by an external temperature probe. Another aids you in setting up a conventional light, such as a MH or T5 along with a temperature control override. Another task allows you to set up a skimmer and to turn off the skimmer pumps when the return pump is turned off. 

I think that you'll find it a tiny bit foreign at first, but you'll quickly appreciate the new interface. Using Neptune's Fusion interface will also simplify monitoring your system from outside, too. You'll really appreciate that. I can't tell you how many people that I've helped in the past to configure there ACIII's and routers so that they could tie into their controller over the internet.