New Kessil 360 models announced

razzpatazzz

I'm certainly interested and the projected release date will probably be in line with our 150g going live.

The only thing I don't like so far is that they don't have wifi built in and need a special connector/cable. Otherwise really liking the sleek design.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

From what I've read, it has a WiFi dongle coming and it still uses the same old K-link cable (i.e. 3.5mm audio) for 0-10v.

Hmm that's fair. Are you going to be upgrading to these kessils depending on what changes are coming to them? Or just sticking to the older models

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The K-link cables are USB-C now, hopefully we can still tap into them for basic 0-10v analog control via external controllers because I have no desire to buy a Kessil controller. Reports from MACNA are that it will cost $449. 

Edited by madweazl

Sourced from R2R forum member Peter K who is attending MACNA (info at the Kessil booth).

Slightly larger in diameter than the A360W(E).

29601226987_9b7b75d1be_b.jpg

43820886944_728e75c3cf_b.jpg

Edited by madweazl

$449 per unit + external controller. Is this the most expensive single pendant fixture? I sure hope the price increase is justified somehow

It's still in line with an XR15 with diffuser which is needed to match the spread and color blending of the A360WE. Once that is done, they put out the same PAR so if the 360X puts out an additional 25% PAR on top of that, you have a pretty impressive light for the cost in my opinion (and if they dropped the "white" LEDs in favor of red and green, even better). I don't care about any of the WiFi functionality of that of the controller so that isn't a problem for me. 

$100 more than the a360W-E is a tough to swallow. The ad says it’s 25% brighter (not PAR), but it consumes the same 90W max? They should at least include a built-in programming and WiFi. Less wires to look at, and I can program it to turn on and off without needing another accessory.

Doesn’t white spectrum have red and green as well? I would prefer they take out the red and green diodes instead.

Edited by newbie2014

$100 more than the a360W-E is a tough to swallow. The ad says it’s 25% brighter (not PAR), but it consumes the same 90W max? They should at least include a built-in programming and WiFi. Less wires to look at, and I can program it to turn on and off without needing another accessory.

Doesn’t white spectrum have red and green as well? I would prefer they take out the red and green diodes instead.

25% would be indicative of PAR when we're talking about lights from a reputable manufacturer but it could be lumens or lux as well, there is a reported increase regardless. "White" LEDs do produce reds and greens but they emit many other wavelengths that are likely useless to the corals where reds and greens are actually usable. The ability to create "white" though the use of red, green, and blue LEDs will likely produce better results.