Snail eggs all over the glass

Guest Amber Nussbaum

Guest Amber Nussbaum
I have snail eggs everywhere. I think they're from my nassarius snails. Will they actually hatch and survive? Or should I just scrape them off?

Some will survive.  Most become fish/pod food.  My fish tend to eat them off the glass.

Leave them.  They are a beneficial part of the eco system.  Mebbe you'll see babies!

s

I have them all the time from my ceriths.  As Steve says, they're a great food source.  Some may survive, but I wouldn't go out of your way to try to save them.

Guest clownfish4
I wasn't aware that snails laid eggs.  The only ones I have seen spray a white liquid into the water and the next thing I know I have baby snails.  I do have tiny curled up white tubes on the side of my tank, but those just turn into the thousands of feather dusters that are overtaking my tank.*

Guest Amber Nussbaum
I'll try to take some pictures today. :)

Yes, it depends on the type of snail.  Some are broadcast spawners (such as trocus, astrea, and turbograzers), while others lay fertilized eggs on a solid surface.  

Michael

Amber,

I have the same situation going on in my 90. Some have been in there for over a month now, have not seen any moving yet, but I'm pacing the delivery floor now! :)

Howard