Jay's 200 gallon DD build

jayh

So, pick this up from Seth. Stage 1 is now complete.

Moved the tank to it's new home. After a pretty good cleaning.

Next step is to replace all the caulking. That will be fun! Anyone interested in helping with that? I pay in beer :)post-2636641-152503357833_thumb.jpg

thats an awesome looking tank, what are the dimensions?

3'x4'... 30" deep

So, spoke with Marineland.  Gotta say, much better than expected, but not all that I had hoped.  They cannot ship the black corner flow covers or the top brace piece, but gave me a contact down in Richmond ( Gave them a call spoke with Rich, who was very nice to chat with.  Sadly they no longer are doing reseals, but he is going to get in touch with the wholesaler about the parts requested.  So still searching to see if there is some who can do the seals before i attempt them on my own.  

So, still having issues with sourcing the black overflow baffles.  If there is a Marineland dealer willing to get this for me (not for free), I would be greatly appreciative.  In addition, if the top black rim is available, I would like to replace that as well, one of the previous owners appeared to have snapped the center support brace :\  

What's wrong with the overflows? Take the opportunity to pull them out and drill it with a smaller box! 

What's wrong with the overflows? Take the opportunity to pull them out and drill it with a smaller box! 

The holes are approx 8" off the wall, so smaller will not happen.  someone on reef2reef pointed out replacements from melev reef, so I reached out to him and a custom sump manufacture to see if they can make something.  

The overflows are 10 years old and a bit grungy looking, but also, since I will be redoing the seams, they need to come out anyway.  Much easier to just replace than to try and clean off the old silicon from plastic.

Plug the holes, drill the top for something like this 

I would put that money into the above instead of finding a replacement overflow, it'll look much cleaner!

The holes are approx 8" off the wall, so smaller will not happen.  someone on reef2reef pointed out replacements from melev reef, so I reached out to him and a custom sump manufacture to see if they can make something.  

The overflows are 10 years old and a bit grungy looking, but also, since I will be redoing the seams, they need to come out anyway.  Much easier to just replace than to try and clean off the old silicon from plastic.

(edited)

Tom39 pulled the overflows out of his 150dd and covered the holes and sealed them. It's much cleaner. Not sure if he has a build thread on here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Edited by 08can-am

• 1 month later...

Well, this is dead :\   I decided not to go forward with the complete tank rebuild as it is outside of wheelhouse.  So, I'm going a slightly different direction and the tank is going to a new home that will get the attention that it will require.