Samsung phone settings for best tank pictures?

TonyInVa

I thought I saw someone post setting for Samsung phones for picture taking of ones tank. I could not find it will doing a search. If someone could post a link to it if they are aware, it would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe folks could figure out the info for some of the popular phones.

Ijust bought a new phone (more like a 6" phablet) that has a 16mp+2mp dual rear camera. It is not a Samsung though, it is a ZTE. Had to change phone company to get a 16mp camera. I haven't had a chance to test out the camera on tank pics yet, since I just got it 2 days ago.

For the S7, enter Pro Mode and set color temp to 10,000k. When you want to take a picture of/in the aquarium, aim phone at desired target and then open the camera app. Shot should come out pretty nice. 

So I struggled with getting good accurate tank pictures. The trick is getting the white balance correct. Best way to do this with a smart phone is to put a white piece of plastic in the tank where you are taking the picture. You just need a small piece of it in the actual photo. You can crop after. Make sure you take a RAW photo if you can, then edit with a photo editor like snapseed which let's you select the white object in the picture for adjusting white balance.

For my pictures with Galaxy S8+:

1. Put white plastic in tank near area to photo

2. Set camera to pro mode and RAW

3. Set white balance to 10k (makes the initial picture closer to what the eye sees)

4. Snap the photo with the white ref plastic somewhere in the pict

5. Open Snapseed app and edit the RAW picture

6. Use the white balance tool eye dropper to select white plastic

Picture using white sand as the item to white balance the picture. Very true to what the eye sees. fef8635e1568acc548117a51da1d5639.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk