Coral Typhoon

Squishie89

So for Christmas I got the (small) Coral Typhoon coral dipping tank. I will post my full review when everything is complete. Does anyone else have this?

Hmm, interesting product. Is it supposed to just blast the pests off or does it rely on a product (the dip) to annoy the pest before being whisked away in the current? 

Hmm, interesting product. Is it supposed to just blast the pests off or does it rely on a product (the dip) to annoy the pest before being whisked away in the current? 

Typically, many dips irritate and weaken pests enough that, when the frag is vigorously swished about in the water (or if a stream from a turkey baster is directed onto the frag), the pest can be dislodged and swept away from the coral. This device seems to provide the water movement using a pump so that the frag can sit still instead of the other way around.

They're using a Panworld PX50 as the pump in this setup. That's a pretty substantial pump for the application.

(edited)

Typically, many dips irritate and weaken pests enough that, when the frag is vigorously swished about in the water (or if a stream from a turkey baster is directed onto the frag), the pest can be dislodged and swept away from the coral. This device seems to provide the water movement using a pump so that the frag can sit still instead of the other way around.

They're using a Panworld PX50 as the pump in this setup. That's a pretty substantial pump for the application.

That seems right. I unfortunately haven't gotten it to function yet, nor am I getting any corals any time soon. I was going to use it with a dip. Oh and mine came with the panworld pump, still seems effective.

Edited by Squishie89