Second Scopas tang addition?

hlem

So I impulse buy... a yellow scopas tang... over 6 months ago,  he's been living in my frag tank since, grown from 1" to about 2-3" now, i'm thinking of adding him to my main DT (~200 gal), which already have a regular scopas tang, along with 5+ other tangs. which I have had for a year+. 

should I or shouldnt I add the yellow scopas tang to the DT? 

How many other zebrasoma tangs do you have in the DT?  They're likely to see your new addition as an intruder.

only other z tangs is a pair of yellow tang. but they're smaller ~1/2" smaller, than the yellow scopas tang 

oh, forgot about the 5"+ sailfin desjardini, but he's harmless. never was an aggressive fish, 5+ years old easily.,

Edited by hlem

Do you have an acclimation box to test drive the new arrangement and see how the established fish react?  Do you have a way to get the new scopas out of the tank if you release him into the DT and things don't work out?

Do you have an acclimation box to test drive the new arrangement and see how the established fish react?  Do you have a way to get the new scopas out of the tank if you release him into the DT and things don't work out?

Yep. got a fish trap that my fish love to eat inside from :) 

it wont be a problem getting any of them out if I have to (well, the current ones). I guess I will try it and see if any fish show any aggression