poop siphon

Fishie

hey wamas, i am looking to find something that can siphon fat long poop that collects in certain dead spots from my fatty fish..

i've tried https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-TERAPUMP-Aquarium-Cleaner-Controller/dp/B011DDJZ9Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1503933727&sr=8-4&keywords=siphon+aquarium

but it doesn't work for my needs...

i want something that i  can angle and is narrow enough for poop only...ideally i'd like to do this without getting my hands in the tank.

Just get a couple feet of 1/8" rigid airline tubing and attach it to a longer length of airline tubing. Then start the siphon the old fashioned way. Get several lengths of the tubing and bend some (using a heat gun) to meet your needs. When bending the tubing, try packing it with sand, salt, or baking soda before bending it to keep the inside of the tubing from collapsing. 

You can do something similar using a piece of acrylic tubing and a bulb syringe, too.

Just get a couple feet of 1/8" rigid airline tubing and attach it to a longer length of airline tubing. Then start the siphon the old fashioned way. Get several lengths of the tubing and bend some (using a heat gun) to meet your needs. When bending the tubing, try packing it with sand, salt, or baking soda before bending it to keep the inside of the tubing from collapsing. 

You can do something similar using a piece of acrylic tubing and a bulb syringe, too.

thx, for thinking that through :)

I use this for my breeding tank to siphon out the detritus.  You may need 2 or 3 of these though.  

https://www.amazon.com/Schneider-Industries-Micro-Vacuum-Attachment/dp/B000BSJCLY

if the link doesn't work, just search for small vacuum attachment.  Btw, I only use the end with the brush and slim tubes that connect together.  

Edited by gioNVA