Refugium Light

Will

Just wanted to share... I know in the past some have asked about a good Refug light.  I took the advice from someone and ordered one from Amazon.  I couldn't be happier with the results. When I first plugged this in I didn't think it was going to give enough light or coverage... I WAS VERY WRONG! The Chaeto basically doubles in size every week or two. The light I used before took a month to produce the same results. I got an $8 clamp light from Home Depot to screw the bulb in and I could not be happier.

Swiftrans LED Grow Light Bulb, 24w Plant Grow Light with Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Greenhouse and Hydroponic Growing     

I paid about $19 and I think it is like 17 dollars now..  check it out.  It is full spectrum but shines Redish purple. 

Enjoy!

Will

Edited by Will

The only issue I had with that type of light (used the TaoTronics) was that the coverage area was very small; it would also burn small areas directly under the individual LEDs (mounted about 8" above the water). Lots of people have had good results with them, I just didn't have enough space above the refugium for it to work.