Battery Back ups

Viktoriia

Our power shut down today due to the storm. i had purchased the Ecotech Battery back up several years ago. Checking the manufacturer date this was built in 2013. Gladly I had never needed it till today. Unfortunately the battery never turned on or worked? It worked when I purchased the product years back but In looking back I should have made a schedule to check on it.

Luckily we had battery powered pumps that worked till our power came on.

Anyone else go through this?

periodically check the ecotech battery by unplugging all cords from the controller, then just plug in the battery cable. If fully charged, the 2 farthest lights to the right should light up.

yeah, same thing happened to me.  My battery backup died ~4 yrs after purchase.  Now I have a electrical converter which runs off of a car battery (converts the 12 V DC to 120 V AC).  It's a good solution for me, but for this to work well you need to have your car within a extension cord of a pump for circulation.

Our power shut down today due to the storm. i had purchased the Ecotech Battery back up several years ago. Checking the manufacturer date this was built in 2013. Gladly I had never needed it till today. Unfortunately the battery never turned on or worked? It worked when I purchased the product years back but In looking back I should have made a schedule to check on it.

Luckily we had battery powered pumps that worked till our power came on.

Anyone else go through this?

What battery power pumps?

Worth mentioning with backup power:

Always have a tested backup plan

There are those solutions that require you to be home to turn it on when power goes off (cheaper) and those that are fully automated (expensive).