A new algae scrubber design in contest. Need your votes!

arintel

Hello Everyone,

My team and I are developing a new type of algae scrubber called AlgaeJet. It's compact, efficient, quiet, scalable, and cost-effective. We are entering it in the UPS Store contest. Please check it out and vote for us here to win: http://theupsstorepi...est/1/entry/183

Thank you very much,

Binh

Hello Everyone,

My team and I are developing a new type of algae scrubber called AlgaeJet. It's compact, efficient, quiet, scalable, and cost-effective. We are entering it in the UPS Store contest. Please check it out and vote for us here to win: http://theupsstorepi...est/1/entry/183

Thank you very much,

Binh

Vote cast, looks really cool!

Thanks a lot, s2nhle, for your vote.

The price with manual & 3D printing production is probably under $300 (compared to the $400+ price tag of other algae scrubbers currently on the market with less filtering capacity).

When it's mass produced with injection molding, it will be much cheaper.

Thanks

Binh

I'd like to know it's filtering capabilities- how many units per tank size for example.

Also would like to know if it actually works- test results and long-term use resulting in "X"...

Filtering capability: The screens you see in the video have a total area of about 200 square inches (to compare, the Turbo L4 algae scrubber has about 100 sq inches rated for 4 cubes/day and it's sold for more than $500; the SURF4 has a similar filtering capacity and price.)  And if you want to increase the filtering capacity, you can simply daisy chain another filter next to the first for a doubled capacity with just a slightly increased pump power needed to make up for the increased friction.

There are no extensive tests yet. The prototypes for beta testers will come out in a month or so.

Thanks

Binh

Thanks for your interest in the filter. I'll contact you when I have the prototypes for testing.

Binh