Anybody tried Ocean Water for a water change?

sen5241b

Has anyone ever used any kind of ocean water for a water change?  Also, Imagitarium Pacific Ocean Water, 5 gallons. Any good? This could be useful for a quick water change. 

I've used the Catalina water before but it was always lower salinity, so an additional amount of I/O was needed. I figured if I had to add I/O, then what was the point of buying Ocean Water?

Yes use ocean water. None of your fish came from ASW, they all came from the ocean. Why wouldn't you use it?.

ASW is fake water and not as good as the real thing. The only people who think ASW is better is the people who make ASW.

I have been using it since 1971, no problems yet. If it weren't so heavy I would use all real water.

(edited)

I walk out here wearing my Speedo carrying a bucket to collect.   So far my tank is running for 46 years so no problems so far.  Maybe next year. :cool:

I don't know if it is free so I always throw two bucks into the water before I leave.

Montauk009.jpg

Edited by paul b

Yes use ocean water. None of your fish came from ASW, they all came from the ocean. Why wouldn't you use it?.

ASW is fake water and not as good as the real thing. The only people who think ASW is better is the people who make ASW.

I have been using it since 1971, no problems yet. If it weren't so heavy I would use all real water.

No additives?  Never any parasites?

No additives?  Never any parasites?

As I said, 46 years, no additives, sometimes I have to add a little salt because our water here is a little weak.

As for parasites, I never quarantined and I keep my fish immune so if there were any parasites, I never knew about them as my fish have never been sick, even the 25 year olds.  :cool: