Glass Scratches

Fsp2

Finally got everything set up, plumbed, running, and even mostly cycled in a brand new 150g that I had in storage for 2 yrs. Turned on the lights for the first time and noticed that there's a patch on the front pane with some scratches. They're not that horrible, but like with everything, now that I know they're there, it's going to bother me.

I've heard people say you can't remove scratches, and other's who've had them removed from glass with great success. Thankfully, these are on the outside of the glass so no worries about draining etc.

Anyone ever had scratches removed or done it themselves with cerium oxide? Heard great things and wondering if it leaves any real distortion? Scratches are relatively light (none catch a fingernail). Anyone ever used a shop in the area to fix them? While my first experience with DIY (hard plumbing) went really well (with many thanks to zygote2k from here for all the advice), I'm a little nervous about this one as it might lead to distortion in the viewing pane.

Thanks!

Cerium oxide works but is slow. You'll want an electric drill and a 2 to three inch polishing bob. Mix the cerium oxide with water into a thin paste and polish the glass using light pressure and a swirling motion. Check from time to time. If not deep, distortion will be low to none. It really depends upon how much glass you remove.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk