largest all-in-ones.... just curious

treesprite

I'm kind of curious about whether or not there are large all-in-ones tanks, and how they are made without it being impossible to get into the compartments for equipment and maintenance.

How large are you thinking? I have a 36 gallon but I assume you're thinking like 50-100? There are Red Sea ones but they are super pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not planning to buy one, just curious. I have made them before by using dividers or secondary walls, in tanks up to 42g. I just have never seen one bigger than that either pre-made or DIY. I would like to see some pics of large DIY ones.

I guess I have to look at their websites. In doing a web search on the topic, I wasn't able to find what I would consider a large tank.

In the 4 or 5 pages I scrolled through, there wasn't a picture that shows it from the top or back, to even see how it is put together as an AIO. He has pictures of separate sumps. If there are pictures to show how it operates as an AIO, they are somewhere far off in the thread. I'm not going through all those pages just to see if he even has the pictures there.

Thanks. I'll look.

I'm kind of curious about whether or not there are large all-in-ones tanks, and how they are made without it being impossible to get into the compartments for equipment and maintenance.

This is the biggest I've seen at $5,799.99:   https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/max-s-series-s-650-black-175-gallon-complete-reef-system-red-sea/?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc&gclid=Cj0KEQiA7qLDBRD9xJ7PscDCu5IBEiQAqo3BxODGy4uHWzF4rnRyskMi7D_ACzwUd-tWlGm1d9r3lB8aApWR8P8HAQ

Maxs650__03142.1474055933.500.750.jpg?c=

It looks very cool. I had a 29 Biocube and the back compartments were kind of a pain to get into and clean out but they do look nice and they have almost everything you need.

Edited by sen5241b

That tank has a sump under it. To me an AIO means everything is in one container.

That tank has a sump under it. To me an AIO means everything is in one container.

That Red Sea 175g seems to have everything except a chiller.