Microscope

Joshifer

My aunts been in this since the early 90s. She lives in Delaware and very busy so I don't bug her with questions. Anyway to my point.

She came over for a visit and looked at my water with a microscope And she says she doesn't see any brook velvet or ich. Just pods normal bugs.

Is it possible to see these things with a microscope? Diseases I mean. If she's right then these 4 weeks worked. Im not gonna go out tomorrow and buy fish just wondering if she's right or not.

Edited by Joshifer

I think it depends on how you collected your water sample for the microscope. Those items might not be in the water in high enough density to just show up in a random drop. It's my understanding that ich returns to cyst format and lays dormant in the sand or on surfaces for a period of time waiting for a host so would not necessarily be in the water column but I don't know about the brook or velvet.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

It might have been more effective, Josh, had their been a skin or gill scraping from the deceased fish. Taking an open water sample risks missing alot in my opinion.