Hosting. Losses.

Joshifer

Tree Sprite told me if black spots appear that's the coral stinging the clown as their trying to host it.

Is this what she was taking about? Almost looks like a bruise. Not really dark but it's on the white so it shows. I'm not panicking over it I'm just wondering because I've been trying to get them to host euphs since day 1.

Well it... Lost the sick one today. Taking it pretty bad I couldn't even look my wife had to remove the body, been out of sorts all day. But this bruise cheered me up a little.

This guys been grieving all day. He knows the other is gone. The fire fish won't move from his side even now with the moonlights. The fire fish usually goes in its cave. But he's staying out as if he feels the clownfish's sadness.

I did it. The shrimp did it. I don't know I'm not pointing fingers. I'm blaming myself mostly. But I feel really horrible about that clown as I adored them both. And seeing this clown grieve is hurting me more. The whole family noticed him looking for the other clown all day. Didn't even name them yet as i was waiting to see who's the boy and who's the girl.

161e78dfa361b339a94f5e62ffd1db20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(edited)

Yes yes I know hospital tank QT medicate. I went to fast. I'll say it before anyone else.

I have no money for a hospital tank. Or the extra salt and medications it needs. Since this hurricane nobody wants to give me work as their just focusing on their families and houses which I don't blame them. Nobody Needs my services at the moment their saving their money in case of emergency. That's what all my clients been telling me anyway.

I'm not paid by the hour. Im paid if I work.

Edited by Joshifer

Yeah could totally be hyper melinization from being stung. My clowns got it from their own anemone.. It just had a really strong sting (as evidenced by the fact I became allergic over the 4 years I had the darn thing)

How long from the time you saw the white spots on the clown until it died? Were the spots "soft" or "velvety" looking, or did they look like grains of salt on the fish?

I'm wondering if that RG that hid died of marine velvet and if you've got a larger problem here. Velvet can wipe a tank out in a hurry.

How long from the time you saw the white spots on the clown until it died? Were the spots "soft" or "velvety" looking, or did they look like grains of salt on the fish?

I'm wondering if that RG that hid died of marine velvet and if you've got a larger problem here. Velvet can wipe a tank out in a hurry.

I'm beginning to think it's velvet. The clown began to look dusty. A gray white coating covering it. Days after the RG died. Which wasn't long. 4 days maybe. Til that clown died.

I've been educating myself on marine diseases. And it seems to resemble velvet. Which needs a host fish. I don't need to tell you all that you know it already.

this remaining clown is beginning to look bad. The fire fish I can't tell as he is mostly white. The red part of him I don't really see anything. Yet anyway.

I can't do anything. to save them I'll give them to someone who can treat them. At least they'll live. And I'll go fishless for whatever 3 months til the disease dies.

If it is MV, that's not good.

1) Google "treatment of marine velvet." A weakened fish may have trouble tolerating some of these treatments. 

2) Realize that MV starts by attacking the gills. If it gets around to the body, it is often too late. The fish will normally succumb in days and a tank full of inhabitants can turn within a week. It's a tough lesson in the value of QT.

3) Don't just hand them to anybody. Full disclosure. You don't want this problem to fall into another unsuspecting person's tank if it is MV.

Again, all this is "IF" this is MV. 

This guys been grieving all day. He knows the other is gone. The fire fish won't move from his side even now with the moonlights. The fire fish usually goes in its cave. But he's staying out as if he feels the clownfish's sadness.

Quick observation: You're anthropomorphizing a lot and giving these creatures a lot of human-emotional characteristics that may not exist. Grieving. Sadness. Happiness.  I'm not at all sure if they're capable of that. It may be that they're sick. Keep that thinking in check in the future. A fish that is not acting right should not be assumed to be suffering a higher-level emotional event,but may be stressed or sick. Fear, certainly is an option. But grief and sadness likely are not. Such thinking may cause you to lose valuable time identifying a true root cause so you can treat appropriately.