Corals not opening

Hi I'm new to the forums and relatively new to reef keeping. I've been in the hobby for about two years now and have been keeping coral for about 6 months. I'm having an ongoing problem with some of my corals closing and it's slowing gotten worse. Decided to turn to the forums for help.

Most of the corals are doing fine but a few stopped opening and my gal eat seems to be bleaching. a90e8ca3d59e5e4f26ddddc152ea059a.jpg

7f4b19e6d684604a921222ed8508918a.jpg

45149be84b78df04c28230ac218c9b3e.jpg

I also have a torch that I can send a picture of later that is having the same problem but it's on and off. Hope you guys can help because I don't know what to do.

Have there been any recent changes (new cleaning lady/guy, kids feeding the aquarium, foreign objects dropped in, etc.)? New additive (two part, kalkwasser, etc.)? Lighting changed? If T5s, bulbs replaced? Intensities changed? How about pH? Alkalinity?

In your first pic, it may be as simple as not getting enough light (shadowed perhaps). The tips of the SPS look to be quite healthy while it progressively gets worse toward the base. With water quality issues, I would expect the tips to show problems first. How is the water flow down there?

Can you tell us more about your tank? Size? Lights? Parameters? Corals that are doing well?

It's a 38 gallon innovative marine AIO with the innovative marine skiilightt led and IM skimmer. All my parameters are perfect and I've had all the corals for a few months and have been doing great.

The corals that are doing fine are frogspawn, GSP and another small polyp coral( i forget the name)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have there been any recent changes (new cleaning lady/guy, kids feeding the aquarium, foreign objects dropped in, etc.)? New additive (two part, kalkwasser, etc.)? Lighting changed? If T5s, bulbs replaced? Intensities changed? How about pH? Alkalinity?

In your first pic, it may be as simple as not getting enough light (shadowed perhaps). The tips of the SPS look to be quite healthy while it progressively gets worse toward the base. With water quality issues, I would expect the tips to show problems first. How is the water flow down there?

Forgot to mention water flow is pretty good, it's not a lot but it's not nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...