Anyone with experience Reefbrite XHO?

ezeke1

I'm considering adding a couple of the RB XHO LEDs to my T5 system but I'm curious if anyone here locally has these lights and what they thought about it.  There are alot of reviews on the web and other forums that are mostly positive but it would be great to see one in person.

Thanks for any feedback!

i use them on just about every build. definitely common place to combine them with T5s as they mount up easily. definitely a supplemental light to T5 or MH and will get mostly washed out when lower kelvin temp bulbs crank up but the POP and color achieved with the spectrum and engineering behind the design is unmistakable. cost is a bit high but results are good. i've heard of a few folks with power supply issues into year 2 but those are replaced easy enough. i've used maybe 50 or so and have had one power supply issue. definitely get the XHO unless a very shallow system. run one and see if it meets your goals but always great to run two as most do; one front and the other from rear. i think i have a couple laying around if you want to borrow one to test out before we order. PM me if interested, glad to help.

Edited by monkiboy

I have two of them (Tech LED's not the XHO's) on either side of my ATI unit...they are very bright...for the shallow tank like yours (same as mine), the Tech LED's should be enough IMO. I like the pop in the LPS under these lights. Didn't have any power supply issues in my case so far. You are welcome to stop by anytime to check them out.

I have a 4 lamp ATI non dimmable and use one reef brite XHO strip with a controllable dimmer hooked to my apex for dusk to dawn and I love it. I'd add another one of it didn't cost so much.

I run XHOs on every tank with 250w radiums.  I prefer the color of the old super actinic VHOs, but the reefbrites make much more sense economicaly.  The reefbrites have better color than any actinic or blue T5 IMO.  There is a reason why WWC and Jason Fox all run reefbrite XHOs on their displays and frag tanks.  On my 300DD I run 2x 250w radium, 1x 400w radium, 2x 80w T5 ati blue plus, and a 60" reefbrite xho.  Very happy with that light setup.