Coral Trouble

Mattb1612

Hi,
So I have started a reef tank and it has been running for about 6 months. When I bought the tank I bought it from someone off of craigslist who had a High Bio load for a 65 gallon red sea reefer tank: Yellow Tang, Hippo Tang, Salfin Tang, 3 chromis 2 clownfish and a Flame Angle. I sold the tangs and I replaced the sand and kept the rock. After running some test my phosphates where threw the roof. So I bought some media to help get this out of the tank. It worked for 3 months and it came back. I bought Media reactor to run Carbon and GFO. So far everything is great. My Corals though have not be doing good except one frog spawn , Mushrooms, Red waving hand Xenias, and my Bubble tip Anemonies are all doing great. This past month some of my corals have declined.The weird thing is the corals that have declined three of them are from the same families (Hammer Coral and my Octospawn) my frogspawn is doing amazing.My Zoas are also dieing and I have no idea why. I thought maybe it had something to do with two fish who where murdered by the lobster I just found living in the rocks who is huge. I Still need to catch him, However I did a 30 gallon water change in 2 weeks for 65 gallons. My parameters are all follow:

My parameters 

Salinity: 1.27 PPM

Cal: 450

ALk: 9.2

Magnessium: 1440

Temp 80.9

PH04:0

Nitrates: .6 (Do to over feeding)

Lighting two Radions x15 running a schedule from another wamas member at 45 intensity

I dipped all corals when I bought them. Please help or advise me in something else I should test or do. I greatly appreciate it.

Where do people place there power heads I have two and both are pointed at the front of the glass is that wrong?

post-2636227-0-22082400-1472659177_thumb.jpg

Describe said lobster...we talking a mantis shrimp or a lobster or a crab....

I really hope your salinity was and or is 1.027 not 1.27 specific gravity.....or 35ppt

I like my temps a little lower to have more room for error...77 78 range

As for corals, if you cleaning the water too much with the reactor....carbon/gfo.....or it was done too quickly you could shock the corals...

Other things to look for are stray voltage

Proximity of coralso to one another

".....   murdered by the lobster "

Kek

Is there any chance that the lighting could have changed? Did you buy the lights used with used bulbs? Did you change bulbs lately? Is the light fixture new? Did you add more surface agitation/flow that could affect light?

As for the lobster, I have seen invertebrates harass corals before.

Sorry I meant 1.027. I did some research and I found out the lobster was purple lobster. As far as lighting they are used LEDs however they are only 9 months old. It could be voltage from stray heater i need to do some more investigation. I am going to dissemble  my sump to clean up cords and wires and make room for a bio-pellet reactor. You might be right on the clean so fast however the only affect corals from my stock list are the Zoas, Hammer,Octospawn. My Frogspawn is doing amazing and the xenias are taking over my tank, Mushrooms are blooming big during the day and shrinking at night, Anemone has doubled in size and monitpora is the same still has good color. 

I think it also might be the location of the powerheads like I said. Would it be bad to do a test and shut off my powerheads for a day to see the effect or atleast shutdown the tunzie (more powerful one ) and leave the jebo up and running. 

They will be fine with lower flow for a day...or try moving a rock in front of the zoas to just slow the flow down there.

Be warned the nem may decide to move of you change the flow around too much

Centryopyge angels are unpredictable and if yours has taken a liking to corals, it could definitely be the issue. I doubt the lobster jas had much if any impact, the purple lobsters are pretty harmless, but again, could be this particular one is aggressive.

Yea it could be them. But that doesn't explain why my hammer exploded but my frogspawn thrived. My question now is the bottom of my tank is reading 40-50 pars middle tank is 150-170- top of the tank is 200s low but what should I have my LEDs at I have two radion x15s running at 45 percent