Ultra aggressive midas blenny

blmurphy1982

So I'm stuck on what to do. I currently have a single clown, indigo dottyback, and the Midas Blenny. Lately the Midas has been ruling the tank and has, I believe, been the cause of a firefish to jump to its death (tank covered - just found a hole) and a wrasse to die of ultra bullying.

Midas still harasses the other two fish any time they cross the midway point of the tank. It's a 40 breeder for reference.

Thoughts or opinions are greatly wanted. I was considering moving his home via a rescape to see if that helps. I don't want to get rid of him but I also don't want my tank to end up with only three (one happy) fish.

Thanks all.

I suggest you give me the Midas blenny and save yourself the pain of more aggression.  :)

Just kidding, if you have an aggressive fish that has taken over 1/2 of the tank, it's probably just a mean little fish and I am not sure that redoing your rock will help much.  I'm surprised as I typically see the dottybacks as being more aggressive but I haven't had one for 20+ years.

Did some decent reading on the indigo and heard they're pretty tame. He's larger than the Midas but he's a wuss and clownfish gonna clownfish. He just runs into my torch coral is the Midas gets @$%#&y.

Only thing I could suggest would be to tape a small mirror to the side of the tank that he hangs out. I had an aggressive coral beauty and tomini tang and it cured them. Left it up for a month or so and they didn't care about any other fish except their reflection. When I took the mirror off, no agression returned

Only thing I could suggest would be to tape a small mirror to the side of the tank that he hangs out. I had an aggressive coral beauty and tomini tang and it cured them. Left it up for a month or so and they didn't care about any other fish except their reflection. When I took the mirror off, no agression returned

Thanks for this! I have an aggressive Coral Beauty and will be employing this tactic as soon as a find a small mirror. 

I changed the rock work and that totally threw off my Clownfish McBully and he stopped acting up. At that point, you would like to introduce the new fish (if that's the case). Because, only 1 week later, Mr. McBully established his territory again.

Good luck!