Live rock question

Irishfist25

so i switched from a 75g to a 180g about 6 weeks ago.  i had a few smaller pieces of LR from my old set up that i didnt put in the new one.  Now im looking to use one of the pieces in my display, but noticed that it has started to turn green.  I took the rock from the old tank and just put in a 5 gallon bucket, no water or anything and it has dried for 6 weeks or so.  The piece that i want to use is about 1 inch thick, 3 inches wide and 6 inches long.  Should i be worried about the green that has started to pop up on it?  I didnt think algae would grow on it if it was out of water?

You may want to soak it for a while. At least give it the muriatic bath to looses up all the dead stuff on it. Someone else might have a different opinion though.

they came in today.  got delayed a day, but still look pretty good.  I ordered a golden plume, corky finger, and tan candleabra.  i'll try and post pics shortly

the first pic is of Tan Candelabra and its hard to tell the size from the pic but its about 6 inches tall and 6 inches wide.  The second pic is of Corky finger, the longest finger is about 9 inches and the other is about 6.  The last pic is of golden plume.  Its about 12 inches tall from tip to stem and about 5 inches wide.  None of the polyps are really open yet, i just placed them in about 4 hours ago.  Please excuse the bad lighting, my main LED took a crap a couple days ago and will be replaced tomorrow.

post-2636185-0-30934000-1468016761_thumb.jpg

post-2636185-0-27880700-1468016770_thumb.jpg

post-2636185-0-72911200-1468016781_thumb.jpg

Toss it in a bucket with pump for a while and monitor water conditions. Acid bath seems like overkill to me but I'm simple kind of guy.

Toss it in a bucket with pump for a while and monitor water conditions. Acid bath seems like overkill to me but I'm simple kind of guy.

Yeah, thats what i was thinking too.  i ended up not using the piece now, but i may in the future.  I switched out the interface with my LED and the screen worked and the blues worked, but i cant get the whites to work at all.  I switched some wires around and no matter what i did, only the blues work.  I ended up ordering a new fixture last night and it should be here tomorrow.  Thank you though

Yeah, thats what i was thinking too.  i ended up not using the piece now, but i may in the future.  I switched out the interface with my LED and the screen worked and the blues worked, but i cant get the whites to work at all.  I switched some wires around and no matter what i did, only the blues work.  I ended up ordering a new fixture last night and it should be here tomorrow.  Thank you though

That sounds like there may be some corrosion on the contacts. You can use something pointed (pin, xacto knife etc) to remove the wires from the connector to inspect them. If they're corroded, you can scuff them up with steelwool or light sand paper and give that a shot.