Sadly leaving the hobby for a while

Bbwebb

It's with some sadness that I will be breaking my tank down sometime in the next 4-6 weeks.  The company I work for was recently acquired and I was offered a promotion that requires my family to relocate.  The new job is a great opportunity and the move to Charlotte, NC will be good for my family.  Unfortunately it's not all good news since I'll need to tear down the tank that my family and I have enjoyed so much over the years.  Since I'll be traveling a good amount for the first 12-24 months I've decided to hold off on setting up another tank.

Keep an eye out on the For Sale forum in the coming weeks if your interested in any of my livestock or equipment.  I will be giving away ALL of the livestock to good homes.  We are especially concerned for out fish, some of which we've had for 6+ years.

Bill

Congratulations on the promotion; unfortunately, I know the other side of this oh so well. I've had to break so many tanks down over the years that were doing so well. Best of luck to you. 

Always liked Charlotte every time I have visited and thought of it as a place I could live. Congrats on the promotion I'm sure you'll be back in the hobby at some point. If your going reef savvy again you could probably order soon by the time it gets delivered...

I moved to N.Va from Charlotte. There are some great SW stores down there (Fintastic was amazing when I lived there) and the local club had a healthy population. Check out Carolinafishtalk.com and rasoc.org

Good luck with the move, and enjoy the cost of living down there!

Sad to see this!!

Thanks Frank.  Bittersweet for me and my family for sure.  Half the fun is setting up the tank for me, so time for a new adventure I guess.

Congratulations on the promotion; unfortunately, I know the other side of this oh so well. I've had to break so many tanks down over the years that were doing so well. Best of luck to you. 

Thanks, appreacite it!

Always liked Charlotte every time I have visited and thought of it as a place I could live. Congrats on the promotion I'm sure you'll be back in the hobby at some point. If your going reef savvy again you could probably order soon by the time it gets delivered...

You're not lying.  Lead time is crazy!!!

I moved to N.Va from Charlotte. There are some great SW stores down there (Fintastic was amazing when I lived there) and the local club had a healthy population. Check out Carolinafishtalk.com and rasoc.org

Good luck with the move, and enjoy the cost of living down there!

Thanks!  I'll check them out.  Maybe I'll hit Fintastic if it's still around while I'm there next weekend.  Might inspire me to act faster.