Some type of coral?

jon_703

If you have only few...you could squirt some hot water using a syringe to get rid of them...if you have a lot I am not sure...may be some one else can direct you...I had one on a coral I bought on this forum...it was gone with the above trick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

If you have only few...you could squirt some hot water using a syringe to get rid of them...if you have a lot I am not sure...may be some one else can direct you...I had one on a coral I bought on this forum...it was gone with the above trick.

Will the hot water hurt the coral?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

As far as I know...you want to get rid of them asap once you see them they are not corals...they are not good for your tank.

As far as I know...you want to get rid of them asap once you see them they are not corals...they are not good for your tank.

Yeah just saw done videos on YouTube. I may have one on my rastas. The hot water shouldn't hurt the rastas right.

No...no hot water on corals...they will get hurt too...you have to target only aiptasia...no other corals or fish...they will die.

No...no hot water on corals...they will get hurt too...you have to target only aiptasia...no other corals or fish...they will die.

Hmmm how would you suggest to target an aipastia in between my rastas?

Try peppermint shrimp, My tank was infested with aiptasia and added three of the shrimp in. Was gone in about a week

Sorry...that I cannot suggest...may be let it move away...not sure how...perhaps high flow...like we do for anemones...

Try peppermint shrimp, My tank was infested with aiptasia and added three of the shrimp in. Was gone in about a week

Thanks! Ill pick one up

Sorry...that I cannot suggest...may be let it move away...not sure how...perhaps high flow...like we do for anemones...

Ok I'll try that.

Good luck!

Thanks! I've overcome ich so I think i can do this too lol

Coolest way ever to kill aiptasia:

This approach works fine if you have line-of-sight. Unfortunately, if you don't, you'll have to resort to other means. I know. I have a nice laser and have zapped a few things. It's fun at the beginning, but there are better ways that will work the first or second time out.

I've also used lemon juice, vinegar, kalk paste, and Aiptasia X (basically kalk paste)... all work.

BTW, one of the issues that I have with these lasers is that they can blind you in a fraction of a second. I have special glasses for them, but have to make sure that the room is empty if I use it. Because of that risk, I separate the batteries and the laser and keep the laser out of reach (and don't talk about it much either). 

This approach works fine if you have line-of-sight. Unfortunately, if you don't, you'll have to resort to other means. I know. I have a nice laser and have zapped a few things. It's fun at the beginning, but there are better ways that will work the first or second time out.

I've also used lemon juice, vinegar, kalk paste, and Aiptasia X (basically kalk paste)... all work.

BTW, one of the issues that I have with these lasers is that they can blind you in a fraction of a second. I have special glasses for them, but have to make sure that the room is empty if I use it. Because of that risk, I separate the batteries and the laser and keep the laser out of reach (and don't talk about it much either).

Wow didn't know it was that strong. I'm going to try boiling water and seringe if the shrimp don't attack it.

Wow didn't know it was that strong. I'm going to try boiling water and seringe if the shrimp don't attack it.

Mine is something like 1,500 or 1,700 mw which, compared to a 20 mw laser pointer is pretty strong.

It'll burn wood and pop balloons from a distance. Fun, but not too practical.

• 2 weeks later...