USB PAR meter with a tablet?

mogurnda

I have been using a Biotec Marine USB PAR meter with my laptop, and it has been great.  I may be leaving it with a group of students for several weeks this summer, and it they will have more access to Ipads than laptops.  Before I start trying adaptors, I was wondering if anyone is using a Biotec or Apogee PAR meter with a tablet.

The newest Apogee sensor has a USB interface and can be used with a laptop. We're upgrading our PAR meter soon but I don't know if the sensor can be separated from the meter on the one that we're getting. Apogee is reportedly working on a version that will have a wireless (Bluetooth?) connection that will enable it to link to smart phones and other such devices. I'm told that it's not ready yet, but may be coming before the end of the year.

wow, that is great to know that apogee is working on wireless version. back to the biotec, if you can find the apps for the mobile device than it will work on the tablet using that app.

Thanks, both of you.  Will double check on the app.  intrigued by the wireless version, but not holding my breath.