Fluval Help!

jon_703

My fluval 405 justhe won't work. I tried priming it and it works a little, I see the air bubbles come out and some water. When I plug it in, all I hear is motor and it doesn't pump.

Can anybody help?

Thanks!!!

The one I used to have I had to pump the little priming pump A LOT then still pump after I started the motor, that seemed to work for me.

That usually means there is no siphon/suction. Try unplugging it then pump the little priming toggle till water comes out the outflow hose into the tank in streams, then pump 5-10 more times and plug it in. If it starts then stops pumping pump the toggle very quickly 10 or so more times. This always worked for me.

Take it apart and flush it out. Maybe something is clogging it and screwing with the suction. If it only a year old it should not be the motor. I have had mine 4 years.

It is getting air in it. I finally gave up on my 404. Same issue with the 105. They just accumulate air. I even got a new o-ring seal but still got a lot of air. Mine never stopped but tilting it would make it spit air out. My FX5 has an auto air purge mechanism I wish they would do that on the smaller ones. I think air comes in via the prime handle.