Panda's 180g Tank and Stand Build.

I am working this weekend. I will update photos on Monday. I got the tank in, the rock inside, sand in and half full of water Thursday night but ran out of time and energy. Will start again on my first day off Monday. (or maybe Sunday....cough cough).

It will probably look a bit ghetto till things grow in. I used a lot of reef rock 2.0 I already had with some rock from BRS. So the colors are a little strange.

Ok here I started putting rock in.

20160218 133814 (1280x720)

20160218 133801 (1280x720)

Here it is with cabinet finished, full of water and new ATI light hung.

20160227 190202 (1280x720)

Here are the new lights on (They are super bright).

20160227 185422 (1280x720)

I can't wait to get some coral to put in this thing. Just looking at it not sure if I should add more rock or not?

I am pretty happy with the end product even though it was a lot of work.

I want to have some coral and lots of softies...maybe 8 fish at most. (other than my two clowns I already have not sure on fish type). I don't want to over do it. Not sure on what a 180g will support so I will take it slow.

60" 8 bulb ATI.......for the 2 days it has been up it is AWSOME. And thank you.

(I try to hide the bills of what I have spent so far from the wife, if she finds out I will be looking for single female WAMAS members because she will leave me even after 28 years).

Lol. I'm still not sure how to have the conversation about the cost of lights. For the new system. Will cross that bridge soon enough. Does BML ever have sales?

Sorry, build my led. I've heard very good things about their stuff. Reasonably priced as lighting goes which means we are well passed raised eyebrows, buy not quite to automatic divorce. I'm planning on staggering the purchases, one for the FOWLR stage and a second when it's time for demanding corals. We'll see how that goes. Anyway hopefully not too much of a detour from your thread; I think my issues are at least a little bit relevant to your situation.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
(edited)
Ok so I'm about 6 months in now and my tank "seems" great. Here are todays photos (with phone some color is off).

004 (1024x576)

005 (1024x576)

006 (1024x576)

007 (1024x576)

008 (1024x576)

009 (1024x576)

010 (1024x576)

Lots of things growing, found lots of hard white spots on the glass which research shows should be spiro snails (sp) and I have white tube type feather dusters growing in my sump and now on some rocks. The pictures don't show the purple coralline that is everywhere. I do have fish but the all hide when the camera comes out except for the yellow tang also known as attention hog.

I could not have gotten this far without everyone's help and suggestions here at WAMAS. Work has kept me busy and off the forums lately but I still lurk. Hope you enjoy the pics even a small amount as much as I love the tank.

Edited by Sad Panda

• 5 months later...