Best simple nano light for anemone and maybe a few softies?

rtelles

I plan on picking up one of those nice new Artfully Acrylic 16 G AIO's pretty soon and setting it up as an office tank and transferring my clownfish pair with their anemone. I currently have it sitting under an older model AI sol, and it seems relatively happy. That said, that light will be a bit overkill for what I envision, so does anybody have a suggestion for a relatively affordable ($100-$150) nano light that could sustain an anemone and maybe a few softies (zoas, palys, mushrooms, etc)? I would love a nice kessil as much as the next guy, but I can't justify $300+. 

why not give one of the smaller Evergrow models a shot? Or better yet, find an old D120.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The footprint of the AIO is pretty small and will be sitting on the corner of my desk, so the ai sol light would be a bit too wide and intense if I don't create some kind of cover, although I guess that's an option if I want to keep the light just above the tank and keep it on a very low setting. I also don't have access to a wireless connection in my office, so I wouldn't be able to use the wireless link I have for it and would need to get a wired controller of some sort. Hadn't thought of the evergrows, so I'll check them out. I have a reefbreeder (which is more or less identical) above my 40B and it's been a workhorse. I was looking into the ai prime as well, but again, no wireless connection in the office. I used to run a small wavemaker led above my 12G fluval edge and it was strong enough to maintain lps, although they didn't grow much, so I'm not sure that would be sufficient lighting for a small rbta. 

Why not a kessil? The A150W would be enough coverage for those dimensions, and an anemone should find a happy place underneath. They are around $150 and should be holiday priced here soon.

Go by Reef eScape - they have them over a couple of tanks I think. You would be surprised at the coverage.