Reefkeeper Guys: A Few General Questions

AUFishGuy

I have some questions about the different channels and how they can be used.

I was told by DA that my ato pump had to be in either channel 1 or 4 for it to function properly but it was not explained to me why this is the case. I took it as 2 and 3 did not have the capability to turn on and off but I'm not sure that's right either. Hence my confusion and questions. Hoping someone can give me some clarity here

1.) What are the differences between channels 1 & 4 and 2 & 3?

2.) Can i run dosing pumps on 2 and 3?

3.) My lights are all into one power strip that is then plugged into channel 4 and controlled via an ALC. Can the power strip be plugged into work or 3 since it will always be on?

4.) Does it matter what channel my heater is plugged into?

TIA

Because 1 and 4 are not true on/off ports and if there isn't enough load on the ports it can't cut off the socket.i think it has to be something like more than 5 or 10 watts of load. It may tell you in the manual. I had this difficulty trying to do a WaveMaker option on two koralia 240's and couldn't get them to turn off and have the WaveMaker work. It was because these pumps don't pull enough load. I think there 3 or 4 watts only.

2 and 3 are your true sockets and will cut off small loads so yes put dosing pumps on these

Yes you can have constant on on any channel and you lights should more than pull enough load to cut off.

And yes a heater can be plugged in any slot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sorry I got it backwards I found this

---------------------------------------------------

decided to contact Bulkreefsupply about this. Here is what they told me.

Outlets 2 and 3 triacs and 1 and 4 are Relays, The pump that runs the ATO runs on low voltage and outlets 2 and 3 often have a small amount of voltage that runs though them even when turned off so things like pumps will keep running.

I was told to replogram the outlets so that outlet 1 was for my ATO pump and this should solve my issue.

I posted this incase anyone else has the same issue at some point and googles for help. I googled to try and find an awnser to this and found nothing.

Edited by khh27

Thus is all interesting. I was unaware of any of this

Because 1 and 4 are not true on/off ports and if there isn't enough load on the ports it can't cut off the socket.i think it has to be something like more than 5 or 10 watts of load. It may tell you in the manual. I had this difficulty trying to do a WaveMaker option on two koralia 240's and couldn't get them to turn off and have the WaveMaker work. It was because these pumps don't pull enough load. I think there 3 or 4 watts only.

2 and 3 are your true sockets and will cut off small loads so yes put dosing pumps on these

- So according to your correction these would need to be in 1 and 4?

Yes you can have constant on on any channel and you lights should more than pull enough load to cut off.

And yes a heater can be plugged in any slot.

With your correction do these 2 above still hold true?

Any load more than say 10-20w can be plugged in socket. The problem lies in stuff that doesn't draw alot of power like <5w or so or very very low amperage. The 2 outlets still have some voltage that runs thought even when in the off position thus if what your powering only used a small amount of load there may be enough current still coming through the socket to not turn it off.

The da rk. I could never figure out to spread out the dosing. I ended up just doing two large doses per day.

The best advice i have heard for this issue is to just buy 2 digital outlet timers and plug them into a power strip that plugs into one of your channels.

But doesn't that defeat the purpose of the controller?

yea i guess, depends on your situation. I can only have 2 pc4s so that would take up 2 of my channels. Its better for me to use the powerstrip so that i have the extra channel for something else.