Mark Your Calenders!!!

Gadgets

Hey Chris,

I have a 75 gallon reef ready tank with a mag 7 for the sump return also.

Currently i have 2 maxi jets 1200 (rated at 280 gph flow) for tank circulation. I also have a 1-2 inch crushed coral gravel bed.

I have been looking at the tunze stream setup. before seeing your post, most people i saw with the tunze streams have much larger tanks. would you recommend i upgrade to a pair of 6000 with controller. im not sure if it would be too much flow.

Here is a picture of my tank -

Picture107.jpg

thanks,

David B.

What dio u mean? Ifyou are asking if he is in my tank, then yes.

Wasn't on your fish list thats all...

By the way, I really hate your talent! Come take pics at my house please.

Dbartco- Opps. I am going to update the list. Thanks.

davjbeas- I don't think that two 6000s would be two much. I think it really depends on the type of corals that you plan to keep. For softies/LPS it might be too much, but for SPS it is just right. Keep in mind that they can be turn down to 30% with the controller or on the box that comes with them. So this should be ok if you plan on having a mixed reef. What type of corals do u plan to keep? I think they are superb compared to the Seios that they replaced. If you have the cash... GET THEM! You won't regret it. Have fun and let me know what you decide.

The corals i am keeping are:

purple mushrooms

red mushrooms

green star polyps

xenia

2 heads on the green torch coral

bubble coral

galaxia

leather coral(sarcophyton)

candy cane

maze brain

scrolling coral

green hairy mushrrom

bali slimer green

millepora( branching)

2 big colonies of sps corals

2 small frags of sps type corals

1 green bubble tip anenome

The 2 6000 tunze stream with controller run about 7-800$

I believe this package would be the best also. mostly because the 6000 can be adjusted to have the lowest flow of any of the tunze streams.

after looking at the coral list should i go ahead and get the package?

Thanks,

David B.

David I was thinking about your post last night and decided to do some testing. I put the 6000 on its lowest setting and it has a good amount of flow comes out "kind of" gentle, this was around 30% if I am not mistaken. I think it would work great for the corals that you listed. Keep in mind that the controller will give you adjustments on the lower flow setting, which should suit your needs very well. You will also still have some low flow areas in the tank so any of the softies or LPS that aren't liking the flow can be placed in those areas. You should get them. Who knows... You may be going 100% SPS soon.

Good luck and keep me posted.