Newbie lighting question?

cane

I recently installed a second AQUAMANA-LED lights on my 90 gallon (light spectrum looks different although it is the exact same light). When I did the install I removed my 2 blue T5 lightsso I would only have LEDs. Everyone looked happy untill the switch. Now my Torch and a few other corals are not opening as before. All my perametors look good. What should I do? Also based on the info in the link what would you run these lights at?

http://www.amazon.com/AQUAMANA-LED-55x3W-Dimmable-Aquarium-Light/dp/B00FHDEAFQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1443656478&sr=1-3&keywords=saltwater+aquarium+led+lights

I have lights very similar and I started them off at around 5% and ramp them up about 5% every week or so. The corals may be having a hard time adjusting to the new lights. Did you start them off low or on full intensity?

Edited by MeghanisradxD

I went full thinking this would be ok since I removed T5s and added 1 LED. But as i write this it clearly didn't make since. Do you plan on eventually going to 100%?

I will probably go to about 65-75% as I only really have LPS and soft corals, no SPS. Starting low is definitely key with new lighting. Try turning them down and slowly ramping them over the next couple months, they should adjust to the new lights :) 

IMO put the t5 back on :P The t5 and LED combo produces some of the best coral color if you have the right bulbs in the t5 fixture.

Solid advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk