New member from Bethesda

Hi everyone. So I've wanted a saltwater tank since I was a kid and I think I'm finally ready to take the plunge. I've been reading around the forums to get a handle on the kind of commitments I can expect with a saltwater tank and to try to get an idea of the equipment I might need. I live in an apartment (have any of you had experience with a reef tank in an apartment?) so I'm actively looking around for a 40-65 gallon setup depending on what kind of deals I can find on the used market. Or are there any deals to be had in the local shops in the area? I'm looking forward to starting this adventure and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions as things progress!

Welcome! Always nice to get more members in Maryland (quite a few, if not most, are in Virginia). If you become a paid member you can see the For Sale section of WAMAS and there are always deals to be had, it is well worth the investment. ReefeScape down in Virginia might have some set ups available from MACNA.

Like Squishie89 said nice to see more reefers in Maryland. Joining up so you can see the sale section and attend the meeting is totally worth it.

Welcome! As mentioned, the annual $20 will quickly pay for itself. It's worth becoming a member. You now have the resources and knowledge of a phenomenal user base, all at your fingertips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see another local reefer coming on line.  As noted above, there is an almost constant parade of equipment for sale here, and usually at very good prices.  If you don't see something you like today, wait a few days.  

If you can, go to the next club meeting.  Talking to people about their tanks is a great way to get ideas about your own, and it is in your neck of the woods.   

Thanks guys, glad to be representing Maryland. I did go ahead and pay the $20, lots of cool stuff on here. I'd love to go to the meetings but I don't think I'll be in town for the October one unfortunately.