RO/DI pressure gauge and TDS meter placement

SandJ

Just want to make sure I am doing this correctly.

I have a Reverse Osmosis Revolution counter top RO/DI unit. I am installing a pressure gauge and in line TDS unit.

Pressure gauge: right before the inlet to the membrane?

In line duel TDS meter: right after the membrane and after the DI?

Thanks in advance for the help!

You have it right on both accounts.

1. For the pressure gauge - You want to monitor the pressure going to the membrane to insure that you have optimal operating water pressure feeding the membrane. A drop in pressure will also alert you that your sediment filter is clogging and needs to be replaced.

2. For the TDS meter - The first inline TDS meter probe, you want at the outlet of the membrane which will help in determining the efficiency of the membrane and also alert you when it is time to be replaced. The membrane on my RODI puts out 2-3 TDS (depending on the time of day) and has been in operation for 2 years. When new it was a solid 1 tds no matter the time of day. When it gets to 4-5 tds, I will start to think about changing out the membrane. Placing the 2nd TDS probe at the outlet of the DI will help you to insure that the DI is catching everything else. It will also help you get the maximum usable life out of your DI, without jeopardizing water purity, by changing it out when it starts to allow dissolved solids through and not when you think that it has changed from purple to brown.

HIH

Tom

Thanks Tom! Hooked everything up last night and ran it today. No leaks!!!

The TDS is reading 3 after the membrane and 0 after the DI.

Probably need to buy a booster pump for the RODI, pressure varies from 30 to 40 PSI.

No leaks is always a good thing. :-) Congrats!

40 psi is a bit low, a higher pressure will increase life and rejection rate of membrane and reduce the amount of water.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk