Wave programming for Apex

John Ford

Just curious if anyone has any input on what Im doing wrong. Every time I think (that's the biggest issue) I am satisfying what the controller wants it has a new error. I've tried coping and pasting other peoples programs and have been unsuccessful as well. 

Im using a Jabao controller tied into my var3-var4 input. v3 is the left pump v4 is the right pump.

I am assuming i need two separate programs in each profile? So If thats the case this is what I was trying for base_Var3 just to get it working. I can use the wizard and they work great. I just cant set wave patterns so id rather get the program working

First my error...

Send Failed

//Error: line 6 - <, >, or = expected // If Cond Wave1 //Error: line 7 - Statement must start with If, OSC, Min, Set, Fallback // Synchronize Enabled //Error: line 8 - Statement must start with If, OSC, Min, Set, Fallback // Divid

Now my program

If Time 10:30 to 11:59 Then on duskdawn
If Time 12:00 to 19:00 Then on Wave1
If Time 19:01 to 20:00 Then on duskdawn
If Time 20:01 to 10:29 Then on Night
Fallback OFF
If Cond Wave1 
Synchronize Enabled 
Divide by 10 Enabled 
Initial off time (Seconds) 0 
On time (Seconds) 7
Off time (Seconds) 4
Minimum intensity 30
Maximum intensity 60
If Cond DuskDawn 
Synchronize Enabled 
Divide by 10 Enabled 
On time (Seconds) 7
Off time (Seconds) 4
Minimum intensity 30
Maximum intensity 40
If Cond Night 
Synchronize Disabled 
Divide by 10 Disabled 
On time (Seconds) 10
Off time (Seconds) 15
Minimum intensity 30
Maximum intensity 30

Any tips? 

I tried putting spaces in between each set of commands. Ive tried uploading profiles first. 

did you create separate profiles for each output? The "outputs" is the actual program that changes the state.  The profiles are created to store the configuration. Profiles can't be uploaded.  You can copy an existing profile to edit, you will also need to save the profile each time it is modified.  You will need a separate profile for each "state" that you want to create.  So based on what you posted above, you will need 4 profiles (duskdawn, wave1, duskdawn2, night).  Once those profiles are created you can change the output statements for each outlet.

Does that make sense?

So I have to upload each profile first. As in create the dusk-dawn then upload, Create Wave1 then upload ect

once they are all uploaded then create my statement?

Send Failed

//Error: line 2 - Statement must start with If, OSC, Min, Set, Fallback // Wave1 //Error: line 3 - Statement must start with If, OSC, Min, Set, Fallback // Divide by 10 Enabled //Error: line 4 - Statement must start with If, OSC, Min

Fallback ON
Wave1
Divide by 10 Enabled
Initial off time (seconds) 0
On time (seconds)7
Off time (seconds) 4
Minimum intensity 30
Maximum intensity 60

Well off to work, Ill mess with it some more later tonight

Well I got this to work

Fallback ON
If Time 09:00 to 08:59 Then ON
OSC 000:07/000:04/000:00 40% 

I went through the appendix some and will continue to play with it but any hints/advise would be appreciated!

yes, for each "change" in the way you want a piece of equipment to operate, you have to create a separate profile for it.   Once you have created all the profiles you want, then you can reference them in the statements for the equipment.  Look at my attachment.  Those are all my profiles for my apex.  When creating the profiles, there is a drop down tab that you can change to various options (pump, dose, vortech, etc).

You can also create "virtual" outlets, but that is another can of worms :)

post-30-0-93024300-1441302774_thumb.jpg

OK i got it. That took me a bit to understand but once you showed me your profile page I knew what to look for. Now If I could erase the 30 extra profiles I didnt know I created until now~ So far I cant figure that out

Im also eventually going to have to figure the virtual outlets out. I want to put a momentary switch in using my breakout box to shut off my wave pumps for 5 min, my return for 10 minutes, and my skimmer for 15 while i feed. 

To delete profiles you have to be physically connected to the controller with a pc or do it from the display.  The Web GUI(fusion) does not allow you to delete them (only rename).

The virtual outlets are not hard to do either.  Just hit me up again when you are ready.  Happy to help.  Here are some of my virtual outlets:

post-30-0-05461700-1441719139_thumb.jpg

John, I've got a good feed virtual outlet.  My work computer doesn't let me paste into these boxes, so I'll cc everything when I get home.  Basically, the virtual outlet is very simple, just an if TIME then ON command.  Then for my actual things like return pump, etc, if the virtual outlet is on, they turn off.  If v-feed = on then off.  Something like that. 

Scott, I haven't tried updating profiles.  I'm going to have to play with that a bit.

Thanks Tricia. It's good to see you around!

I still have not figured out how to set up the virtual outlet for me to program one. I also tried going through my controller to delete profiles but have not had any luck, yet. It's one thing to come up with the time to do maintanace as needed. Tinker time is near impossible.

Thanks Tricia. It's good to see you around!

I still have not figured out how to set up the virtual outlet for me to program one. I also tried going through my controller to delete profiles but have not had any luck, yet. It's one thing to come up with the time to do maintanace as needed. Tinker time is near impossible.

I misspoke about deleting them.  You can only rename them :ph34r: