How to make sure my zoas/palys are happy?

Reefer_Madness

I have seen 2 situations where a group of my zoas aren't happy. 1) algae nearby tickling,stinging and touching it 2) vermetid snail spitting on or nearby and I think I may have spotted one ca998e45b48bff00b1cd380caa07136b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try feeding the palys reef roids. Mine love them. Also a little iodine every once in awhile may help. The grandis look like too much light to me or something is aggrivating them.

Try feeding the palys reef roids. Mine love them. Also a little iodine every once in awhile may help. The grandis look like too much light to me or something is aggrivating them.

Also check around the paly to see if there is algea growing on them, fungus growing on them, zoa pox or aptasia on the rock. I look for those things any time mine don't look good just to make sure so if there is an issue I'll catch it early. Alot of times I'll find algea pissing them off.

I feed them Reedroids. They love it.

I'm going to dig around and see what is aggravating them.

I have seen 2 situations where a group of my zoas aren't happy. 1) algae nearby tickling,stinging and touching it 2) vermetid snail spitting on or nearby and I think I may have spotted one ca998e45b48bff00b1cd380caa07136b.jpg

Good eye!!! I went through and removed all the vermetid snail tubes. I had a few. I'll update in a couple days on that. Both of my unhappy palys had tubes on the frag plug. I never saw them extended, but that doesn't mean they weren't tickling the palys when I wasn't looking.

I have had mine under all sorts of different lighting and they seem to do well under it all. A side note on the vermetid. It seems every frag I buy on wamas lately has tiny one on the plug. These guys get around. The good thing is that it's not often where I find one bothering stuff.