MACNA Overflow Hotel?

HgrReefs

Quick question...

Will there be an overflow hotel in the area for those that waited too long for reservations? I'm good, but several folks with are local club up here have asked as they recently tried to book with no luck, as the hotel appears to be fully booked. Congrats!

I ran through the Facebook page and various threads here on the forum and didn't see anything, so apologies if this info has already been communicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris, we're in discussions now with the Omni Shoreham DC across the street to pick up a small block at a similar rate. I was hoping to have something from them yesterday, but maybe today....  For now, when I looked for rooms (using their webpage) a couple of days ago at the Omni, there was a non-refundable, prepaid rate offered to me that was close to $127/night there. It's the closest option available.

Other rooms may open up in the coming weeks at the Wardman because of cancellations, but our special conference rate a the Wardman is only available until three weeks before the conference begins (in other words, becomes unavailable in 3 weeks time). 

Hotel reservations have exceeded our expectations by a considerable amount. We started with a block of 2,050 room-nights and are now at a block of over 2,800 room-nights and looking for additional overflow capacity. By that standard, this is going to be a very well-attended event.

Hold off another day or two, though. The deal that we set up with the Omni MAY (not guaranteed as I've not set up anything yet) offer the flexibility to change or cancel the reservation. Of course, I have no idea of how long the prepaid deal will last. That's a risk of waiting, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...