Tomato Clowns are gonna have babies!!!

Ne0eN

I'm guess in a reef with normal type critters not good.

My false percs are on their 4th batch... One time I did see the little guys swimming around (right after they were hatched, but none made it as far as I can tell.

Dave

Best shot is to remove the rock and put in a dedicated tank to raise them, or else its great coral/fish food.

Good news is once a pair starts breeding they keep at it, so you may have other shots at raising the fry. Get a copy of Joyce Wilkerson's CLOWNFISHES, as it is the bible to raising clowns.

Good luck & congrats!

Happy Reefing!

Glenn

What are the chances of survival? This is in the 260 gal reef... :rolleyes:

-Rob

123473909_86886abf15.jpg

Zero chance of survival, but they're still cool to watch. Well, they'll hatch ok, but they'll be eaten or in a filter or overflow within a day or so. Unless you remove them and feed them fortified rotifers, they'll all die when their yolk sac is depleted anyway.

It looks like they're being laid on the same rock your anemone is on. Is this correct? Is the rock easily removeable? If it is, you could pull them out just before they hatch and put them in a very small larvae tank, and feed them rotifers until they're big enough to eat baby brine shrimp.

Wilkerson's book is excellent.

Nice Picture, thanks for sharing.

That will soon become fish food, for all crabs, snails, corals and fish in your tank. Chance of Survival is like winning the Big Fat Lotto. :D unless you isolate them

Guest oracleoca

I have two of Lee Stern's baby cardinals and they are such a pleasure and get along very well with my CB clowns.

I am voting for no chance. Too much water, they will be a snack for the system. I think Lee had a different situation. The eggs were in the mouth of the fish and he transfered the fish to the sump. That way the babies did not have to worry about the mighty mouths in the main tank.

Sorry Rob, enjoy the sight now as it will be gone soon.