Lost my very first saltwater fish this week.

Matt LeBaron

The very first fish that I got when I entered the salt water side of the aquarium hobby 7 years ago just passed away. Vince the Firefish was purchased at the House of Tropicals about 7 years ago, when I took my then girlfriend, now wife there to pick a fish out for the 55G tank I had setup to keep seahorses in per her request to have seahorses after seeing the seahorse display at the National Aquarium. He's lived through 4 different tanks and one house move, starting out in a 55G, moving to a 90G in the basement at my townhouse at the time, then 3 years ago moving to my new place in Ellicott City in another 90G, and then 3 months ago moving into a 29G cube.

While I'm very sad that he has passed away I'm happy that he had a good long life, way outliving every estimate I could find as to the length of their lifespan.

The very first fish that I got when I entered the salt water side of the aquarium hobby 7 years ago just passed away. Vince the Firefish was purchased at the House of Tropicals about 7 years ago, when I took my then girlfriend, now wife there to pick a fish out for the 55G tank I had setup to keep seahorses in per her request to have seahorses after seeing the seahorse display at the National Aquarium. He's lived through 4 different tanks and one house move, starting out in a 55G, moving to a 90G in the basement at my townhouse at the time, then 3 years ago moving to my new place in Ellicott City in another 90G, and then 3 months ago moving into a 29G cube.

While I'm very sad that he has passed away I'm happy that he had a good long life, way outliving every estimate I could find as to the length of their lifespan.

Condolences.