Help installing Typhon LED Controller in Biocube

rain

Hi everyone. I have the Steve's LED upgrade in my Biocube 29. I just ordered the Typhon LED controller to add in. The instructions are kind of confusing though. Wondering if anyone has done this before and has some tips or has found some better instructions online somewhere? I don't want to screw it up. Thanks!

Rain

No specific problem yet. Just want to make sure I have a clear set of instructions before I dive in. I have all Steve's drivers and power supply. Thanks!

On the typhon you should tie the input power ground to the input power going to Steve's driver boards. Then connect pwm outputs from the typhon to Steve's pwm input pins and you should be good stay away from the output pins going to the led strings. They need to be separate and dedicated to the leds. I don't remember, does the typhon get 24 volt power from the power supply or lower voltage from Steve's driver board?

Thanks for the tips! The Typhon has it's own power supply. Not sure on voltage though.

Hi everyone. I have the Steve's LED upgrade in my Biocube 29. I just ordered the Typhon LED controller to add in. The instructions are kind of confusing though. Wondering if anyone has done this before and has some tips or has found some better instructions online somewhere? I don't want to screw it up. Thanks!

Rain

I have the same setup but added 7 more leds and driver for 3 channels total.   DId you get the extension cable?  You want to use the top 4 pairs of PWM outputs.  Negative is on top. Positive are underneath.  (the 4 pairs of 10v outputs are not used)  I used a piece of CAT5 network cable to connect from the typhon to the drivers.  Connect the 5v PWM output on the Typhon to the dimmer connections on the drivers.  If you're using the dimmers, pull the jumpers on the drivers and connect the dimmers to the same connections. 

Did you download this http://www.stevesleds.com/uploads/Typhon_LED_Controller_2915.pdf

Figure 7 or 8 should work depending on what driver you have.  Recent order, most likely Fig 8

Excellent. Thanks so much! I feel a little more prepared to tackle this now. Appreciate the quick tips!!!