Skimmer broke do I need air stone now?

nextlevel808

My skimmer broke this morning. I'm wondering if there will be enough air in the tank without the skimmer now. I could always add an air stone if it's not but trying to avoid it if possible. Not sure if there will be enough from the return pump plus 2 wp-25 to support fish and coral till at least tomorrow or Tuesday before I can get new one.

You didn't give much info on your tank so it is hard to accurately help you. You should be fine unless you have a really overstocked tank. If you see your pH drop really low over the next couple of days then you have an O2 exchange issue and would need to add an airstone. If you run a sump then the water travelling down to the sump should help it get aerated.

Ok I do have a sump so hope that will help. Don't think its overstocked but do have a tang which I know likes little more o2 then others because the amount they swim. I have 120g DT with 55g sump, in tank I have purple tang, coral beauty, Foxface, Niger trigger, clown, snowflake eel, and cuc only few small corals. I ordered new skimmer today and next day'ed it so should have one back in by Tuesday.

You are probably fine, but there is also little harm in throwing an air stone in the sump.

I like to aerate water change water so I have one on hand.  I'm not sure if I'd bother going to the store for one, but if you have one, why not just run it to be on the safe side..