What do you think?

dzekunoi

Hmmmm - cut with sharp knife :o - I'll have to think about that one!

Thanks for the info

Hmmmm - cut with sharp knife :o - I'll have to think about that one!

Thanks for the info

I was thinking about getting a cheap anemone and perform the operation. Let me know if you are interested in joining the fun. We might even organize a anemone cutting party. :D

Count me in on that one!

I think I hear all of the "cheap" anemones shuttering :-)

Great looking tank!

Save your money for something else for your tank...you don't need a calcium reactor. It looks like your Ca and alk levels are doing fine, and you only have a few corals with hard skeletons. A regular water change regimen should take care of your requirements.

Also, you might consider moving those two yellow gorgonians into the shade. If they're the common yellow gorgonians with white polyps, they're non-photosynthetic filter feeders. Keeping them under your lights can result in nusiance algae or coralline algae growing on the tissue, killing the coral.

Jon

OK, I guess I can get an OM SuperSqirt instead of a Calcium reactor.

Yes, those are deep water gorgonians. I think it's a good idea to move them into a shade, even though they are allright for now.

Be careful if that is a Condi anemone.......if you don't feed them enough they go hunting for fish. My condi was about 1/2 that size and it caught and ate my 5" foxface.

I do have to say that it is a beautiful tank. Good job with it and keep up the good work.

Be careful if that is a Condi anemone.......if you don't feed them enough they go hunting for fish. My condi was about 1/2 that size and it caught and ate my 5" foxface.

I do have to say that it is a beautiful tank. Good job with it and keep up the good work.

Thanks!

Tough luck for your foxface...

It's an LTA. I'm watching it carefully anyway. I had a case of 2 peppermint shrimps disappearance - or maybe they are just hiding for 3 weeks in the rockwork. However, anemone spits out any pieces of food bigger than 1/2".