I am losing fish left and right

goodreeef

some of them I have had for 4 years.

the signs are bulging eyes.
my kole tang turned solid white.

I had just added some fish to the tank?

any ideas?

It's hard to say without more info. A few years ago I added a tang of some sort and it triggered a chain reaction (ich) and I lost 70% of my fish. But there were spots on all the fish as they died so I could tell it was ich. A tang turning white sounds like stress, but whether it's a crowding issue or disease is hard to say. At the time it was happening I moved all the fish to another tank and started hypo salinity treatment Which saved some of them.

Edited by Rob A

I agree, remove the fish quickly and treat in a hospital tank unless you have a fish only system. If you only have fish then I would treat in the tank. Make sure you properly diagnose what the fish has. Many reefers try to treat ich with hypo but the fish actually have velvet and marine velvet thrives in lower SG so it can make things worse.

I agree, remove the fish quickly and treat in a hospital tank unless you have a fish only system. If you only have fish then I would treat in the tank. Make sure you properly diagnose what the fish has. Many reefers try to treat ich with hypo but the fish actually have velvet and marine velvet thrives in lower SG so it can make things worse.

Complicated by the fact that some fish are sensitive to copper