L E D light not working

wassermanner

Any idea where one can get a LED light fixed?

I bought this light:

TaoTronics TT-AL02 Black Aquarium Coral Reef Tank LED Grow Light (120W Output, Blue/White Ratio- 30:25; Two-Year Warranty)

from Amazon December 28 2012 and this week all the white lights went out. (four months after the warranty expired.)

I opened it up and followed the flow of electricity all the way from the switch to the LED board.  Which I cannot open without ripping it apart and I do not want to do that.

Would a computer shop handle something like this or an electronics guy in the Woodbridge area?

Thanks

Edited by wassermanner

Can you find the driver? That is likely the issue rather than the circuit board. If you can find it you may be able to find the info on it that you'd need to get a replacement.

from time to time we have repairs on the evergrow lights we sell and for your problem, 99% of the time it is a driver issue like matt kindly suggested. have you switched drivers just out of curiosity to see if it would fix the issue on the disturbed channel? I've seen more odd things happen on these copy-cat Chinese fixtures.

you can also post up a photo of the removed board and connectors and I would be glad to see if any of our legacy parts from our d120s would fit for you.

glad to assist, sir.