Mini bristle sea stars?

Jhead85

Year ago I started out with 6 now I got more then id like..I'm able to get one here and there when they climb around or Ina shell I can pick up but 99% are throughout the main rocks..any traps I can make or is there something that eats them?id like to weed some out

There are lots of fish that will eat them, but most of those will not be reef safe. They are filter feeders so they really don't travel much hunting for food but maybe try putting food in something shallow after the lights go out and then collect it in the early morning.

Ive noticed that I can normally grab a few if I have a few rocks together. They like to crawl in between those spaces. I havent tried it, but maybe have 2 pieces of tile on top of each other and leave it for a few days then lift one up to see if there are some you can grab. Just a thought based on the fact that I see a bunch when I move smaller rocks around.

They will be in any crevice they can find. Powerheads, thermometers, overflows, frags and frag plugs. They come out more at night. I made a box out of egg crate and zip ties for a sick anemone and the brittles loved the zip ties to hide in. But really brittle stars do no harm at all and are a sign of a really healthy, thriving system.

Edited by Squishie89