125g Skimmer Question

phisigs79

Ok so I am getting a 125g for my new place so i have 2 months to decide on what to do. Right now i have a Euro-reef CS5-2 (rated for 75g) and just bought a CPR SR2 (rated for 300g). I need to know what i should do.

1) Run my CS5-2 along with the CPR

2) upgrade the CS5-2 with a 3500 sedra recirculation and gate mod and run the CPR too (cost $130)

3) Buy a ASM G3 and run the CPR too (cost $290- say $175 if i sell the CS5-2 = $115)

4) Buy a MR-2 (expensive) and run the CPR too (cost $365-say $175 if i sell the CS5-2 = $190)

I basically want something that will work well on a 125g and have enough money for another MH and more flow. I heard that ASM are over rated on there tank sizes so i figured a G3 (rated at 300g) would be ok on a 125g but not sure. LMK what you all think!

Guest clownfish4

Well, Anthony Calfo has expressed that the use of two skimmers is a good thing. I think the CPR would be fine alone, but if you want the extra help, and extra work, run the Euroreef too. I see NO reason to buy yet another skimmer or upgrade to recirculating, have heard bad things. However, if you do use the Euroreef, I recommend the gatevalve mod, it really helps.

any other opnions?

Good thinking Bob.

haha have the reef bug! I feel like i need to plan it all out!