The edge bar

Octoman

So my acrylic rod wound up in the wrong city, fortunately I figured something else out.  Handy fiberglass rod at home depot for $2.50, stronger than the acrylic anyway...

image_5.jpg

After some drilling, maneuvering, and some foul language, I think I've settled in on an aquascape.  I wanted to put more and a little higher, but I realized that if I added any more, I wouldn't be able to reach most of the places in the tank because of the tiny opening.  I went a little overboard and will be taking some of the sand back out.

image_1.jpg

Edited by Octoman

Very cool :cool:

That door might help a lot when it comes to maintaining the tank.

It will at least help with those hard to reach liquor bottles, which I'm sure I'll need after trying to clean this thing!

• 2 months later...

It's been a while, past time for an update...

I reconfigured the top a bit after I got my light.  I decided to put the light over the glass instead of trying to cram it in over the opening and I'm happy with the way it turned out.  I've got some livestock in place and things are coming along.  I'm on the tail end of a HA bloom, but that is quickly dying down as my chaeto is taking off in the fuge.

image_6.jpg

image_8.jpg

Looks good! When do you pack it full of SPS?! :P

lol! Love the look. Plus this way you can see more angles of the tank. Does the kitty watch the fish?