Auto top off biocube 29

Jhead85

Need some ideas for a gravity auto top off for a biocube 29... Gonna put a 2 gallon jug on a shelf above tank with a tube into the tank just need to know what to use..maybe a float in the 3rd chamber but not sure what kind or type to get

Does it have to be gravity fed? I feel like it's over complicating it and maybe not as precise. Would a Smart ATO work for you? Compact, simple, and the price point is much better then a lot of other units.

Gravity fed would work fine. PaulB runs one, and bbatav (I think that's his handle) has a nice write up on one somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

I use a tunze nano ato. a 5.5g tank fits in the stand underneath. works great. very reliable and safe.

This is the exact setup im using on my 27 cube. No issues with it. When i ran my biocube i used an ozmolator on it.

Back when I had 4 tanks and no money for 4 ATOs, I would wait till water level was low then balance a gallon jug of RO water on the corner of my tank with a pin hole poked in the top and bottom of the jug.Worked fine.

This is the exact setup im using on my 27 cube. No issues with it. When i ran my biocube i used an ozmolator on it.

I as well use the Tunze Osmolator Nano on my BioCube, and it is perfect, never had an issue with it. Only problem I had was I should have installed it from day 1.

Edited by Happyfeet