Jebao dc1200

Crob5965

Just got mine in the mail today this thing is tiny

Not sure what I'm going to use it for anymore as I tied in my gfo to my return with a manifold but I can't get over how small it is f4b916e2e532f6cfd9f2329348fcf17b.jpg

Here's a size comparison next to the power adapter that is almost the same size

They have a reputation for leaking around some of the seals, which is why they're only recommended for submerged use.  That being said, I'm curious to see how it works out for you because the idea of a cheap controllable DC pump is about the best concept out there.  It uses little electricity and you could take off the variable speed controller and hook it to your aquarium controller.  Then you can set up a program to cut it off while feeding, run fast during the day, slow it down at night or whatever works best for you.

They have a reputation for leaking around some of the seals, which is why they're only recommended for submerged use.  That being said, I'm curious to see how it works out for you because the idea of a cheap controllable DC pump is about the best concept out there.  It uses little electricity and you could take off the variable speed controller and hook it to your aquarium controller.  Then you can set up a program to cut it off while feeding, run fast during the day, slow it down at night or whatever works best for you.

I am currently using the DC 9000 as my return and have been for over a year, they are excellent pumps and very quiet, as far as external use, I have heard that they are prone to leak, but have never verified it myself, the DC1200 was to replace my Kobalt MJ1200 that burned out on my GFO reactor, but while I was waiting for it to arrive a couple of WAMAS members convinced  put a manifold on my return from the DC900 as I was only using it at 50%.

I dont really mess with the speed controller, but I do like the fact that it has one, the Box said DC1200/2000 I probably would have gone for the 2000 if i'd known there was such a thing, but this pump will most likely go in my just incase box. 

I paid $43 for this pump on Amazon.com, they are clearly a cheaper knock off of the Reef octopus / Waveline DC pumps at 1/3 of the price, at that price I have extra's BNIB if one goes out.

Can you share the link where you got it for $43?  I can't find it for that price.

EDIT: nevermind, I was looking at the 12000 not the 1200

Edited by L8 2 RISE

Can you share the link where you got it for $43?  I can't find it for that price.

EDIT: nevermind, I was looking at the 12000 not the 1200

yeah the 12000 are around $130 I think